Walkera VITUS 320 5.8G Wifi FPV Quadcopter Foldable 3 Axis Gimbal 4K HD Camera RC Camera Drone Obstacle Avoidance
Brief Manufacturers Overview
- Foldable design is employed to greatly improve compactness without compromising quality and function.
- More accurate and safe flight is achieved using GPS/GLONASS dual-satellite positioning & navigation system.
- 5.8G Wifi digital video transmission system is used.
- Integrated gimbal camera is capable of shooting stable 4K high-definition video.
- Includes infrared, optical sensors, 3-axis gimbal, waypoints, object avoidance with up to 28 minutes flight time.
Watch It Fly
The Walkera Vitus 320 has recently entered the market priced at around $974, it certainly looks good as you can see later in the video below. It has many of the features that the Mavic Pro and it is priced very close to the Mavic Pro at around $999 so is this too close or about right? Which one would you choose?
People are already saying which drone they would prefer to buy. It certainly looks the part. The quality 4K HD Camera together with the Wifi provides near perfect images with hardly any time lapse between what the camera picks up to it getting to your screen.
The Vitus 320 has a number of different sensors at the rear and along the sides and these are to help with the obstacle avoidance, the system will automatically stop you from bumping into anything out of the cameras view like the side of you as you pan sideways for example.
The Walkera 320 uses a powerful battery which should provide a flight time of up to 28 minutes and has a maximum range of 1.5 klm
Controllable turn range:90°~0°pitch
Camera: Image Sensor
Sony:1/2.3″ CMOS; Pixel 12MP
Lens: FOV 85°; 4.4MM; f/2.8 aperture
Record resolution:UHD: 3840×2160(4k) 30fps
FHD: 1920×1080 30fps/60fps
Max. the code rate of video storage:64Mbit/s
Supported file system & format:Fat32; exFat
Picture format: JPEG
Video format: MP4
Memory card supported: Micro SD card, max.64G
It works with most smartphones and the smaller tablets (but not the full-sized tablets) using the Walkera Drone App which also gives you access to AR Games which can allow several players access to Racing and War Game Scenarios which is another way of adding to the fun.
At this point, I would normally refer to reviewing the Customer Feedback from online retailers such as Amazon but as these drones are so new there hasn’t been time for the feedback to filter through, so I will update this as we progress. Buy It Here:
Check Out This Video Going Through The Un-Boxing:
One Interesting Listing I came across was another Vitus 320 Model called Starlight night vision priced at $1,049.00 which included 3 Batteries in total giving more flight time plus it came with a Walkera case to keep everything together. For the small additional price, I would go that route as you got the additional 2 batteries plus the case.
- Include 3 sets of Batteries! Enjoy long field flying time!
- Night vision Camera with 5.8G Wifi digital video transmission system
- Dual-module GPS, as well as infrared and visual sensors, great obstacle avoidance function
- 3-Axis Gimbal Quadcopter, with 1080P 30fps HD camera
- Free shipping in the USA, Ship from Los Angeles Warehouse, fast shipping!
Initially, I thought that it was just another branding but then I noticed that all the literature was named Starlight as well so it is probably the camera where the difference comes in.
It’s great to see a foldable drone with a 4K Camera and its most definitely pitched chasing the Mavic Pro, it has some great features including the additional Obstacle Avoidance feature and with a good flight time of 28 Minutes it has a lot of similarities to the Mavic Pro, one slight difference to the Mavic Pro is that the Walkera 320has senses mounted on the side of the drone where the Mavic Pro doesn’t so that a point in favour of the Walera Vitus 320.
They are very similar in cost and I have to say at this point I would be inclined to stick with the Mavic Pro but please note that is just my own personal view.