GDU 02 Plus Foldable Light Weight and Portable Drone To Rival DJI Mavik
Today I am going to tell you about a drone that comes from GDU Technology, which is another popular Chinese based drone company it certainly appears that China is leading the field with the introduction of new models being introduced almost every week.
The DGU 02 Plus is yet another compact foldable drone designed to easily be transported making it attractive for that feature alone. It has a 4k camera FPV, as well as other unique features not yet seen in a drone of this type and all for the current price of $732
Details in Brief
- GDU O2 Drone FPV Foldable Quadcopter with 4K HD Camera GPS & GLONASS Avoidance Sound Wave Positioning. It looks similar to DJI’s Mavic Pro and is priced at $968 but which Drone will win out? But check out the latest price that you can get this drone now!-$732!!
- Unique Features: slide-arm technology, dual obstacle avoidance sensors, GPS and Glonass connectivity with 20
satellites, 1 km video transmission distance, 20 minutes of flight time, vision recognition, vision positioning, advanced follow me mode and cutting-edge smart features.
- Functions: 4K CAMERA + 3 AXIS STABILIZED CAMERA GIMBAL, SLIDING ARM TECHNOLOGY, VISION POSITIONING, OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE, onboard Qualcomm SnapDragonTM, Circle Mode, Rocket Mode, Dronie Mode, Advanced Follow me mode, Return Home, Burst mode, Time Laps, Slow Motion, Gesture Recognition.
- Sliding Arm Technology: O2 is the first drone in the industry that uses a sliding-arm technology to create extreme portability. Using aviation aluminum alloy.it is also the most endurable propeller arm in its class. First time in history, portability will help safeguard your flight.
- Vision Positioning & Obstacle Avoidance: to keep O2 fully stable both outdoors and indoors and recognize objects below the drone for even safer landing, helps O2 to see the objects in its path and stop at safe distance automatically. Now you can focus on the shots without worrying running into things.
The GDU 02 Plus is the first drone that is capable of shooting videos in time-lapse and slow motion, without requiring any form of additional editing.wow, that’s cool, right?
It is also the first drone we think, which already has its propellers mounted on the arms as they are unfolded. This baby has them fitted to the arms as they are unfolded from the body saving valuable flying time. Not only this but to ensure that everything is as strong as possible, the arms are strengthened by the use of aviation aluminum alloy, so it’s not only strong but its light too.
It comes with a separate remote controller, but with this drone, the controller can be attached underneath the actual drone in order to provide easier to transport it around once you have finished your day’s flying.
This Drone is smart, it can recognize you as well as some of your gestures, as well as vision positioning, advanced, follow me mode and other cutting-edge smart features.
The GDU 02 Plus can provide up to 20 minutes of flight once the batteries have been fully charged. But as always if you can manage to buy several additional batteries it will extend that time in the air where it certainly belongs.
With the use of the aircraft grade aluminum this little drone is very light coming in at only 1.56 pounds. So even with a few extra batteries, it will be hardly noticeable as you carry it around with you.
Once again with its lightweight, the GDU 02 should be easily capable at achieving speeds up to 33.6 miles per hour.
That may not seem like a high figure, but once it’s up in the air and actually flying at that speed, it will feel and look fast. Remember that it can also ascend up at the rate of 11.2 mph.
GPS, Obstacle Avoidance and GLONASS
The GDU 02 Drone is equipped with a GPS, obstacle avoidance and GLONASS.Which means that these additional
safety feature will allow it to lock on to as many as 20 GPS satellites so it will remember its position, and it will be able to remember where it launched from but the best thing is this drone will be able to avoid any obstacles which appear in front of it and be able to plan a route around it. Glonnas is yet another method of tracking its location even if it flies into a building for example and normal satellites are lost. Some of these safety features are so close to those of a DJI Mavic plus the price has also been made close to the Mavic so it will be interesting to see which drone comes out on top
The 13 Mega Pixel Camera is capable of taking 4k Videos at a resolution of 3840×2160 in 25fps and 30 fps. It also has an onboard Qualcomm 801 Snapdragon processor, so all of the images will be of the highest quality. Another great feature is that you can instantly choose to send your images directly to your social media account using the App that is also supplied with this kit.
Some people have been wondering what differences have changed between this GDU o2 Plus model and its predecessor the GDU 02 Drone.
So, there are two versions of the GDU 02 – you have the GDU 02, which uses a 5.8 GHZ controller and is capable of traveling to a maximum distance of 0.6 miles. Where the GDU 02 Plus, uses a 2.4 GHZ controller and is capable of flying up to a maximum distance of 4 miles. For the GDU 02, the built-in memory is restricted to 16 GB, while the Plus has twice that at 32 GB of storage.
So if you’re looking for a decent drone with some good safety features and easily transportable, and has a 4K Camera included, so you can create some fantastic images and Video, then the GDU 02 Plus may be just the Drone for you.